Thursday, May 18, 2006

Unique Race this Weekend

I have been running the occasional 5K and 10K race, but I needed a real diversion for this weekend, and I thought the Rudy Run SEAL Challenge would be just what the doctor ordered. If the doctor were the Marquis de Sade:
Experience the ultimate SEAL training race on this 6.1 mile course around NAB, Little Creek. You will have to run, crawl, and climb over obstacles, do push-ups, navigate rough terrain and conduct individual rock portage. SEAL Instructors, including Rudy Boesch, Retired SEAL Master Chief, will be positioned at key waypoints along the course to encourage and direct participants.
I like the part where the SEAL Instructors "encourage and direct" the participants. That oughta be interesting. I should have some good stories for Sunday, if I am still capable of typing.

Note: NAB is "Naval Amphibious Base." NAB Little Creek, straddling the Norfolk-Virginia Beach line, is the home of the Navy's east coast based SEAL teams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home