Saturday, May 13, 2006

Waxing Philosophical Again

From the One Cosmos blog comes this :
The younger one is, the more one’s life represents pure potential, and therefore, it gives one a spurious sense of the infinite.

I still remember this feeling quite distinctly, and am sometimes nostalgic for it. I was a mediocre student at best, with no interest in school, so my future never looked particularly bright or promising in any conventional sense. And yet, the future was nevertheless unwritten.
After Suzy's death, I find myself with a newly-unwritten future. I don't know where to go from here, but I am aware that I am the author of my future. What do I do next? I already have a Master's degree, so college seems like a silly choice. I can move anywhere I choose, do anything I want. The internal pressure is staggering.

I have been thrown back to "pure potential" and the "spurious sense of the infinite." What does a 46-year-old man do with that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home