Thursday, May 11, 2006

A Lost Day

Wednesday would have been our 10th wedding anniversary. I spent a good part of the day worrying about my friend Tanja, who has been going through a rough patch. By late last night I had talked to her, and she sounded much better, to my relief.

By this morning, my concern for Tanja and the passing of my anniversary had taken their toll. It ended up being "one of those days." I ended up in bed until 3:30 in the afternoon, lacking the will to do anything. I wasn't crying or distraught. I just didn't care. I didn't even call work to tell them I wouldn't be in. I just needed to drop off the earth for 24 hours.

Around five, I went for little 4 mile run, then cooked a hamburger. I am slowly coming out of it and will hopefully have a more productive day tomorrow. This shit really sneaks up on you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home