Saturday, November 18, 2006

I am so proud of myself

I hate to blow my own horn, but I am so happy and I have nobody else to tell. You are my family, so you get to listen.

After I got through the fog of losing Suzy, I decided to get back to running, mostly because running has always helped through trying times.

This morning, I figured I would see how much progress I have made, so I entered the Cape Henry 10-Mile Race in Virginia Beach. Well, I ran just under 70 minutes, finished 12th out of 199, and placed second in my age group. I won a nifty workout bag to boot.

Then, this afternoon, I ran the Jingle Bell 5K in Norfolk, and finished 22nd out of 350, placing third in my age group with a medal.

So, I guess my conclusion is that the house may be a wreck, but the legs are okay for now.

Update: Race pictures are out:

8 miles down and still feeling pretty good.
Not feeling nearly so chipper at finish line.
What was I thinking running two races. This is painful!
Finally, I am done racing for the day.

I walked to the end of the chute after the second race and looked back just in time a 20-something kid puke his guts out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home