Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I didn't write this, but I found it poignant.
The first time I kissed another I was happy and yet I cried
The first time I held another I was overcome with joy and yet I cried
When I began to realize I might be able to let someone new in I was filled with hope and yet again I cried.
When I realized I could go on and live again I was surprised, and it was another time I cried.
The tears are not of regret, they are of finality.
The tears are not of what is, but of what was lost.
The tears are not of fear of the future, they are of memories of the past.
The tears do not take me backwards rather forward in this journey I never asked to take.
The tears are like a shower they help to cleanse the pain.
The tears are not to make me remember they are here so I never forget.
It is the memories of what I had that make me who I am.
It is the pain I have felt that changed me and I think even make me a better man
So when I take another new step I hope a new tear falls
Just so I remember how I got to where and who I am

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home