Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Transformation

There was a sketch on the old Monty Python program in which a television interviewer is talking to a man on the street. The topic of the interview is completely lost in my mind. The joke was, every time they cut from the man on the street back to the interviewer, he had a turned a little bit more into a pirate.

As I recall, it started with a parrot on his shoulder, and proceeded from there. Cut back: he's wearing an eyepatch. Cut back: he's wearing a pirate hat. Cut back: He's holding the microphone with a hook. By the end of the interview, the all the TV guy can do is say, "Aaargh."

What's the point in all this? Well, I used to be a clean cut, collar-and-tie wearing professional architect. But back in February, I bought a motorcycle. Then a skull cap type helmet. Some Harley t-shirts. Leather gloves. Now, I give you what has evolved into my "new look." And, believe it or not, today I went to work this way.

Update; It just occured to me to add this: If I ever end up with a pony tail, or rat tail, or any other tail, please, hunt me down and shoot me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home