Friday, September 08, 2006

Remembering September 11

Peggy Noonan recounts some of the phone conversations that took place that morning in 2001:
"Please tell my children that I love them very much. I'm sorry, baby. I wish I could see your face again."

"Sean, it's me. I just wanted to let you know I love you."

"I don't know if we'll make it out. I want to tell you that I love you and I love the kids."

"I think they intend to go to Chicago or someplace and fly into a building. Don't worry, Dad--if it happens, it will be very fast."

"Hopefully I'll talk to you again, but if not, have a good life. I know I'll see you again some day."

"We're all going to die, but three of us are going to do something. I love you, honey."

"Tell Billy I never stopped loving him and forgave him long ago."

"Take care of Mom."

"Pray for me, Father. Pray for me, I haven't been very good."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home