Friday, November 11, 2005

Albums I can't get out of my CD player

1. Jackson Browne - Solo Acoustic Vol. 1 - he takes a cheap shot at Bush that follows "Lives in the Balance," but who gives a damn. This guy one guitar or piano is unreal. Never knew he wrote "Take it Easy" with Glenn Frey

2. the Killers- Hot Fuss - this album rocks. Lots of critics think they're a cheap rip-off of Franz Ferdinand but I ( and it seems many others who've bought this disc) think they're a helluva a lot more fun (and less pretentious IMHO)

3. George Strait - 50 number ones - fifty number ones count 'embut know when to fold 'em (I know that's Kenny Rogers) 'nuff said

4. Cream - Royal Albert Hall London May 2-3-5-6 2005 - not a consistent disc IMHO but the version of "Stormy Monday". Maybe Clapton is God...

5. Stone Roses - The Stone Roses - lost this album many years ago and found it recently in a used CD store in my town. Forgot how good this disc is. Don't get sucked into buying this piece of crap which sits in one of my cd racks collecting dust.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home