Tuesday, May 10, 2005

I started this blog 18 months ago because I always liked to write and I wanted to expand my skills beyond business letters. So far I have been pretty unhappy with my progress, so I am neither surprised nor concerned that traffic has been slow. Further, I don't leave a lot of comments or trackbacks on other blogs, so my "footprint" in the blogosphere has been pretty meager.

Still, the occasional straggler wanders by and leaves a comment. In response to this post about little girls being challenged with cool and interesting activities while little boys are subjected to "gender equity" indoctrination by a radical feminist, I received this comment from Amanda:
leave it to a man to post something so disgusting. i think you need to learn about gender equity before you open your sexist mouth. i hope you never have any daughters
Notice that Amanda didn't challenge a single point, nor defend the program I questioned. Rather, her "debate" style is to call me names and question my parenting qualifications. It's instructive, too, that Amanda thinks that observing that I am "a man" somehow explains my "disgusting" post. And she calls me sexist!

I would love nothing better than to debate Amanda had she made a point. But how does one debate ignorant petulence?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home