Friday, January 11, 2008

Ann Coulter remembers her recently deceased father and how he loved her mother:
To Mother's lifelong consternation - until he had dementia and she could get him back by smothering him with hugs and kisses - Father wasn't demonstrative. But all he wanted was to be with Mother (and to work on his Volkswagens). They traveled the world together, went to DAR conventions together, engaged in Republican politics together and went to the New York Philharmonic together
This reminded me instantly of something I wrote in December of 2005, the day my wife died:
We rarely took vacations or socialized much. We were completely content to simply be together, so to us, every evening was all the "vacation" we needed. I know it’s a cliche, but we really are soulmates.
Crap, now I am sitting here crying again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home