Sunday, August 05, 2007

My friend Tanja tagged me with the following meme:

  • Players start with 8 random facts about themselves.
  • Those who are tagged should post these rules and their eight random facts.
  • Players should tag eight other people and notify them they have been tagged.

    Hmm.

    1. When my late wife Suzy asked me what I was thinking about, I often answered, "nothing." She never really believed that, but it was the truth.
    2. I feel very guilty that I wasn't with Suzy when she died. She was in a coma, and the doctors said it might take three weeks for her to go. So I went home to get some sleep, and she died that night. It still haunts me that she might have woken up and died alone and scared.
    3. While riding my Harley, I occasionally listen to ABBA and Neil Diamond on my iPod.
    4. I lit my shirt on fire learning to weld in college.
    5. When I was 18, I ran in the Penn Relays at Franklin Field in Philadelphia. 60,000 people watched my throw up afterwards.
    6. I once jumped off a fishing pier with my surfboard because the waves were too big to paddle out. I caught one ride, and it was so fast and scary I went back to the beach and waited for it to calm down before going out again.
    7. I love corn on the cob. Sometimes, I eat so much it gives me the runs. But I don't care.
    8. Sometimes, on a long run, I fantasize about running for days until I come to a new town, so I can start my whole life over with nothing but my running clothes. What would I do?

    I don't have 8 people to tag, but I can tag my co-bloggers Don and Laurel.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home