Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Courage

I was sitting at work feeling maudlin today, and I was picked up by this post on the Young Widows Bulletin Board:
As I was sitting in a restaurant by myself eating dinner last night it dawned on me that everything we do takes courage.

Eating dinner alone on a Monday night...takes courage

Taking care of the house and yard alone...takes courage

Going to the kids sporting events or school functions alone...takes courage

learning about the bills, social security and legal stuff...takes courage

going out with friends...takes courage

deciding to get back out there to meet people...takes courage

We should remember to congratulate ourselves on doing the everyday things we continue to do because it all takes so much emotional energy and courage. At a time when I feel insecure and isolated it is a little inspiring to recognize the everyday accomplishments.
Being widowed is so much bigger than simply desperately missing Suzy. It is actually re-learning how to live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home