Saturday, June 24, 2006

6 Months without My Suzy

I took my motorcycle in for its 7500 mile service this morning. While they were working on it, I walked about a mile to Krispy Kreme for coffee and the paper. People came and went, old couples, moms with kids in tow, people buying donuts by the dozen and taking them who-knows-where for who-knows-who.

After finishing my coffee, I walked back to the dealer, but they weren't done yet, so I walked to a nearby discount store to get a coke from the machine in front. As I stood there leaning against a post with nothing to do but wait, It really struck me. I. Am. Totally. Alone. There is nobody to pick me up or drop me off when I have my vehicle serviced. I have a cell phone with me, but I have nobody to call. And nobody will be calling me, either. After I pick up my bike, I will ride it home alone to my empty house.

With thoughts like that running around the old noggin, it wasn't long before I broke down. There I was in the parking lot at Value City, in my Harley riding gear, leaning against a pole and sobbing like a baby while trying to drink a coke. What a scene.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home