Sunday, June 11, 2006

The New Cars

I was in my car at work at I sat in the parking stunned to here a song called "Not Tonight" by what I thought was the group "the Cars."

Well it sounded pretty damn good, but it didn't quite sound like Ric Ocasek. Well, back home I've finally hit the internet and found out that the band doesn't have Ocasek or Benjamin Orr.

Side notes: Benjamin Orr was the bass player who used to sing "Drive" and some other songs. It seems he died young. And Ric Ocasek was the really goofy looking lead singer, who became every man with a big nose's idol when he captured the heart of Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Babe Paulina Porizkova.

It turns out this is "the New Cars" now fronted by Tod Rundgren. According to the Boston Globe they're pretty good. According to the Boston Herald, a wrinkle Debbie Harry is better.

Would I pay 99 cents for the new tune? Probably not... But I probably won't change the radio station when it comes on either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home