Friday, December 03, 2004

My Soldier Program

Well this certainly seems like a worthywhile idea:
My Soldier is a program that puts politics aside and lets U.S. soldiers know that someone back home cares. When a person enrolls in the My Soldier program, they agree to adopt a soldier. They receive a “starter kit” containing guidelines for letter writing and care package preparation, a red My Soldier bracelet, and a specially designed My Soldier baseball hat to include with the first letter they send to their deployed United States Armed Serviceperson. The first letter/care package they send is addressed to their soldier's platoon contact who then distributes it to their soldier. The soldier then replies and direct correspondence begins (about 80% of soldiers respond, but 100% appreciate getting the letters). The program is free.
"My Soldier" is the brainchild of Juan Salas, an Army Sergeant who served two years in Iraq. Anyone with the time an motivation to do so should sign up now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home