Monday, March 15, 2004

International Terrorism

Several times since my last post I have sat down to write something in response to the news, but each time a became paralyzed. It seems the news is happening so fast, I can't keep up with it. In just the past four days, 200 innocents were killed in Spain, rescue workers had to be consoled as cell-phones kept ringing inside bodybags, al-Queda was exonerated from, but then claimed "credit" for the bombings, the Spanish government was run out of office, the prime-minister-elect promised to withdraw from the coalition in Iraq and also "endorsed" Kerry for president.

And that was just in Spain! Where does one begin? What does one say? Events have happened too fast for me to get my puny little mind around them, so I have no real thoughts to write. All I can do is wait and see what happens next. I will say that the path followed by the Spainards in the wake of "3/11" is hard for me to understand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home