Saturday, February 03, 2007

My First Half Marathon

This morning I ran in the Norfolk Half Marathon, which started about 3 miles from my house and passed right by the house twice. It was cold and windy, but I think I did pretty well. There were 392 finishers, and I was 34th overall. In my age class, there were 41 finishers and I was second, good enough for an award. My time for the 13.1 miles was 1:31:30, just about 7 minutes per mile.

The race start was delayed slightly, but I was done and into the finisher's tent by 10 AM, where two kegs of beer awaited. So there I stood drinking beer in the morning with several hundred other individuals that had just run 13 miles. I had to come home and sober up before going grocery shopping this afternoon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home