Saturday, January 20, 2007

Lessons from your dog's death

We lost our dog last week, when she was hit by a car. My wife and I found her at the Tompkins County SPCA in 1998, many moves and many jobs ago.

I miss her dearly. A few months ago, her Vet told us not to give her any human food. Now when you have two young children you can just forget about this advice anyway. In addition to the manna from the high chair, we kept on giving her the trimmings off our steaks that we cooked on the grill this summer and other leftovers.

I felt guilty about it sometimes because the doctor said we were shortening our dog's lifespan, but now I'm sorry I didn't give her even more.

I guess the lesson is sometimes you should just go ahead and have the dessert or XL prime rib

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home