Sunday, April 16, 2006

Good Friday was Bad. I can't put my finger on anything specific, it was just bad. I couldn't get Suzy out of mind for even a minute, I couldn't escape the sadness of missing her, and I couldn't concentrate on my work. I felt sorry for myself all day long and was miserable.

So Saturday I overcompensated.

I got up at nine, drove out to the Virginia Beach oceanfront, and ran 7.5 miles up and down the boardwalk. The salt air, surf, and cool breezes helped clear my head. But I wasn't done.

Upon returning home, I showered and headed out on my motorcycle, hitting the road around 12:30. Headed north across the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel and on up to Yorktown. From there, I took the Colonial Parkway through Williamsburg to Jamestown. Then, across the Jamestown-Scotland Neck Ferry to Surry County, and back through Smithfield and Portsmouth to Norfolk.

I returned home around 6:30 completely exhausted and sunburned. Easter Sunday it was all I could manage to go grocery shopping. I did slip in a 6 mile run late in the afternoon, but other than that I was whipped.

Now it's back to work. I hope my weekend activities worked to settle my sensibilities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home