Friday, July 15, 2005

Ya gotta love the liberals. They held the first-ever "Campus Progress National Student Conference" in Washington, DC this week. The event was intended to "provide campus liberals with the tools necessary to fight the conservative movement."
So what are these "tools?" Paul Begala was helpful, informing the students of the following at a panel discussion entitled Winning the War of Ideas:
"They want to kill me and my children if they can. But if they just kill me and not my children, they want my children to be comforted - that while they didn't protect me because they cut my taxes, my children won't have to pay any money on the money they inherit," Begala said. "That is bulls*** national defense, and we should say that."
The Dems think they can win a "war of ideas" with that kind of rhetoric? No wonder Rush Limbaugh has half his brain tied behind his back. But Begala wasn't through.
The GOP, he said, "ain't had a new idea since they opposed Social Security, and guess what, they still do. ... They are beginning to figure out that there is no Soviet Union, but they still want Star Wars to stop it," Begala said.

"Okay, they are utterly and completely brain-dead."
It seems we're fighting a war of ideas with a guy who thinks words like "bulls***," "ain't," and "brain-dead," are winning rhetorical devices. And this guy was a White House "aide."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home