Thursday, April 07, 2005

Bill Clinton, the omnipresent narcissist, can't help but make honoring the Pope a referendum on ... Bill Clinton!
Clinton told reporters the pope “centralized authority in the papacy again and enforced a very conservative theological doctrine. There will be debates about that. The number of Catholics increased by 250 million on his watch. But the numbers of priests didn't. He's like all of us - he may have a mixed legacy."
Got that? The Pope is just like Bill Clinton. And, one imagines, vice versa in Bill's mind. Asked about flying on Air Force One, Clinton managed to turn that into a story about, get this, his freaking heart attack!
I never thought I'd be on this plane again - I had a good time. They have turkey burgers too, which they didn't have when I was here. If they'd been serving me turkey burgers, I might not have (had) heart surgery.
How did we ever survive eight years with this blowhard? (pun not originally intended, but now that I see it, I ain't changing it)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home