Sunday, January 09, 2005

MANNING OR BRADY

Now I'm somewhat biased here due to my residence in Massachusetts. But I remember when Bray first started playing for the Patriots, I told my roommates at that time that I thought he reminded me of Joe Montana. He had a certain something whether it be luck, talent, good karma or whatever that gave him the ability to pull games out his butt.

If you ever see him in practice, he rallies his teammates like every drive is critical. He high fives and gets in players faces and gets them psyched up. His teammates would walk into hell for him.

Manning has yet to win the big one. And in this he reminds me of John Elway. When times get tough he falls apart and his teammates do not go that extra yard for him. Now Elway became a better quaterback when he got a new coach and learned to defer some of the game winning plays to his teammates. Much like Michael Jordan's return to the Bulls, Elway began to make the players around him better. Is this the year for Manning to do this?

I hope so, because it will produce a great rivalry much like the Dallas vs. Pittsburgh years of my childhood with Roger Staubach and Terry Bradshaw.

Of course, having grown up outside Philly, I'm a diehard Eagles fan. But I'm afraid I'm doomed to see my Iggles lose a fourth straight NFC Championship.

Looking forward to an exciting NFL playoffs.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home