Friday, June 18, 2004

Narcissism 101

My wife and I talked last night about Bill Clinton's "I did it because I could" confession on the Lewinsky mess. She added a perspective I hadn't fully appreciated: what a dehumanizing way to describe the whole sordid affair.

He could have demonstrated his personal weakness without ignoring the other person in the room. He could have said "She was so young and vibrant, and I was weak." He could have said, "We were alone, I hadn't noticed her, but she was so charming and persistent I couldn't ignore her."

Instead, Monica Lewinsky isn't even part of the equation. "I did it because I could. Wasn't about her. It was all about me. How must that little confession make Monica feel? She's still alive, you know, Bill.

100% Pure Self-Serving Clinton. What a sorry piece of humanity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home