Thursday, June 17, 2004

Clinton Speaks

Bill Clinton, speaking at the opening of a movie purporting to document the vast right wing conspiracy, as well as to Dan Rather, has a lot of interesting insights on his impeachment.
"I stood up to it and beat it back," Clinton says of the impeachment process. [...]

"The whole battle was a badge of honor. I don't see it as a stain, because it was illegitimate."
He "Beat it back?" He didn't "see it as a stain?" The mind reels with off-color jokes. He goes on:
Clinton sees the Lewinsky affair as "a terrible moral error" whose disclosure to his wife, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, put him "in the doghouse."
Now most married guys I know end up "in the doghouse" for things like forgetting anniversaries and birthdays. Diddling around with a girl young enough to be your daughter would land most guys in the Econolodge, not the doghouse. The Clinton marriage, however, is not like most marriages. To them the real sin here is that Clinton endangered their joint grip on power. He goes on:
"I did something for the worst possible reason. Just because I could," Clinton says of his infidelity.
Think about that. Here we have a man who occupied the most powerful office in the world admitting that he is so impulsive, he committed adultery "just because I could." What else did he do "just because he could?" Bomb Belgrade? Bomb aspirin factories? Appoint Madeleine Albright Secretary of State? Raise taxes? If this doesn't demonstrate once and for all that the Clintons can't be trusted with power, I don't know what will. Bill went on to speculate that the VRWC focused its sights on him because of - wait for it- the failure of Communism!
"When the Berlin wall fell, the perpetual right in America, which always needs an enemy, didn't have an enemy any more, so I had to serve as the next best thing," Clinton said.
I know that's what went through my mind as I watched the wall come down. "Hmmm. Now that we've finally taken care of the commies, we can focus all our ire on the next self-absorbed, impetuous, lying, adulterous, southern Democrat that becomes President."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home