Monday, February 23, 2004

Meet the Press, Ahnold

Governor Scharzenegger was on "Meet the Press" yesterday. During his interview with roly-poly Tim Russert came this classic moment:
MR. RUSSERT: In your book, "Education of a Body Builder," you said something that caught my attention. "I was always honest about my weak points. ...I think it's the key to success in everything: be honest, know where you're weak, admit it." After 100 days as governor, what do you think your weakest point is in trying to be governor?

GOV. SCHWARZENEGGER: Well, first of all, I'm very happy that you studied so thoroughly my body-building books, and I can tell on your body that this is a whole different ball game now, Tim. I mean, look at your deltoids and your six-pack. It's amazing, so congratulations on that.
Russert took it in good humor, and I must admit to laughing out loud. Prior to that, naturally, we were treated to Russert doing what he does best: advocating tax increases:
"If they don't pass, those propositions, will you have to raise taxes?"

"You're going to have to make fundamental changes in the way California governs itself: either cut spending more or raise taxes."

"Wouldn't it be better to maintain programs for the poor and for the disabled, and for the blind, and for students, than refund $135 to Californians?"

"Pete Wilson, Republican, Ronald Reagan, Republican, when it came down to the crunch, raised taxes, fees, in order to make sure to balance the budget. You would do that if necessary."
The full transcript of the show is available here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home