Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I want my $708

Dear US Treasury Department,

I would like to sell my share of AIG corporation which I didn't realize I owned until today.

I estimate it is worth about $708.33 which is my share of the $85 billion paid by approximately 120 million US taxpayers today. I will settle for a check for $708, you can use the 33 cents to defray the cost of mailing and printing the check.

The Federal Reserve seems to be very busy printing things these days so maybe they can lend you a hand with the checks since I don't think I'll be the last taxpayer to request to cash out my shares.

While you are at it, if you wouldn't mind cashing in my shares of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and Bear Stearns, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you,
US TAXPAYER

PS You still owe my mother some money for that Chrysler bailout in 1979

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home