Monday, March 10, 2008

GOP Governor Entangled in Sex Scandal

From the Associated Press:
NEW YORK - Gov. Eliot Spitzer, accused in news reports of being involved in a prostitution ring, apologized to his family and the public on Monday at a hastily called news conference. He did not elaborate on the story.

With his wife at his side, Spitzer told reporters that he "acted in a way that violates my obligations to my family."

"I have disappointed and failed to live up to the standard I expected of myself," he said. "I must now dedicate some time to regain the trust of my family."
Oh, wait. Though it never appears once in the story, Spitzer is actually a Democrat. So this is AP's headline instead: NY gov apologizes, but quiet on scandal

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home