Thursday, January 08, 2004

Holiday Cheer

Near my office in downtown Norfolk is a large shopping mall. One of the employees, whose car my wife and I see regularly in the lot and surrounding streets, has a vanity plate with the sentiment "2QTBSTR8."

During the holidays, employees at Dillard's replace their employee number with a more festive designation. Pages over the store intercom sound like "Rudolph, dial extension 11" or "Frosty, report to customer service." Apparently, the employees can pick their own name, because we were shopping for winter coats when the following page was broadcast: "Fruitcake, call the service desk." I looked at my wife and she said knowingly, "That's got to be 'Too Cute to be Straight.'" I couldn't argue with her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home